Workshop Leader: Deborah Holt, MS, PCC-S
Debbie Holt received a B.A. in Psychology from Cedarville University and an M.S. in Mental Health Counseling from Wright State University. Debbie provides bereavement services at the Hospice of Dayton’s Pathways of Hope grief counseling center. Debbie was widowed suddenly on the 4th of July, 2005. She has a special interest in bringing grief education and support group programs into the community, with a particular interest in spousal/partner loss.
She is also active in developing faith-based comprehensive bereavement support programs in several churches in the Dayton area
As a result of completing this training, participants will:
- Understand the normal grief process as well as social/cultural differences in the mourning rituals/process.
- Identify individual and contextual factors which may be predictive of prolonged and/or disruptive bereavement trajectories.
- Identify clinical indicators of complicated bereavement.
- Explore diagnostic issues related to grief and the DSM.
- Understand strategies/best practices which may be of benefit to bereaved individuals