G92 Immigration Conference Blog
Another National Endorsement for G92 from Luis Cortes' Esperanza
July 8, 2011
Esperanza is the latest national organization to officially endorse G92: Equipping the Next Generation for and Effective Biblical Response to Immigration.
Esperanza was established in 1987 when the Hispanic Clergy of Philadelphia and Vicinity, led by the Reverend Luis Cortés, Jr., saw the need to be proactive to the needs of the Latino community of this city. Since then Esperanza has become a major national organization with over 200 employees devoted to the biblical mandate of service and advocacy for Hispanic communities. Their mission statement notes their dependence on the transformative power of Jesus Christ to create change and provide hope for vulnerable and marginalized members of the Hispanic community.
Service to immigrants is one of the many ministries provided by Esperanza. Their ministry includes the following services.
- Family reunification
- Green card applications
- Citizenship and naturalization
- Assistance for victims of domestic violence
- Assistance for victims of human trafficking
- Visas for crime victims
- Renewal of employment authorization
Esperanza is a model of effective ministry and a valuable partner for any church or organization devoted to a biblical approach to immigration.
Other national organizations that have endorsed G92: Equipping the Next Generation for and Effective Biblical Response to Immigration include:
- Council for Christian Colleges and Universities
- National Association of Evangelicals
- World Relief
- National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference
- Immigrant Hope
- Regent University
- The Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission of the Southern Baptist Convention
- William J. Hamel, President of the Evangelical Free Church of America
- Matthew Soerens and Jenny Hwang, authors of Welcoming the Stranger: Justice, Compassion & Truth in the Immigration Debate.