Breakout Session Information
CU LEAD 101: This track is designed to introduce and discuss the question of why Biblical leadership is important and needed. CU LEAD 101 is designed for junior and seniors in high school.
CU LEAD 201: This track will review the question of why Biblical leadership is needed and then introduce and discuss the question of what Biblical leadership requires and demands. CU LEAD 201 is designed for Cedarville University students who are interested in serving in a student leadership position through Cedarville University.
CU LEAD 301: This track will review the questions of why Biblical leadership is needed and what Biblical leadership requires and demands. CU LEAD 301 will introduce and discuss how Biblical leadership can be personally applied to the individual’s leadership journey.
Breakout Session Topics:
(Each of these Breakout Sessions will be presented in all of the above listed tracks)
Stewardship-All of our gifts, abilities, and opportunities are given to us by God. Every opportunity we will ever have will be given by God through others. We are just stewards (Matthew 25: 14-30).
- Who is God in your life and leadership (Galatians 2:20, I Corinthians 11:1)
- Personal discipline before leadership (Philippians 2:4, I Corinthians 9:24-27)
- Integrity in All (Luke 16:10, I Peter 1:13-16)
Influence-Leadership is not based upon a position or title but on the influence we have with others (Matthew 5:16)
- The Coaching Leaders – Not creating look a likes (Romans 12)
- Leading among friends – How to lead without the position (Nehemiah 1-3)
- Bold Leadership – Faithful Followership (John 5:1-5)
Service-Leadership must not be about power and prestige but humility and service. Service must be our default action (John 13)
- Jesus and Leadership (Philippians 2:5-11)
- The importance of accountability (James 5:16)
- How to hold a standard of excellence (Colossians 3:12-17, Colossians 3:23, I Corinthians 10:31)