If you are looking for a college campus where the diversity of the body of Christ is celebrated, visit Cedarville University for Multicultural Preview Weekend! We are providing the opportunity for prospective students to get a glimpse into a weekend at Cedarville and to see and experience some of our multicultural programming, organizations and events. Students will have the opportunity to meet some of our Administrators, attend a Yellowjackets Basktball Tournament, sleep in dorms and be hosted by current Cedarville students. They will attend our Student Government Social, annual Gospelfest, and participate in our CU Friday visit day. The best part is this weekend won't cost you anything! Space is limited so register now to participate!
In addition, Cedarville will be providing bus transportation from selected cities. We do not want a lack of transportation to hinder you from seeing all that our campus has to offer. If you live in or near one of the select cities and would like to take advantage of the bus, please sign-up on your registration form. The bus transportation is free, but it does require a $50.00 deposit to save your seat. The deposit will be refunded when an admissions counselor confirms your spot.
Cities are: Cleveland, OH; Akron, OH; Columbus, OH; Philadelphia, PA; Baltimore, MD
(Please note, bus transportation is for prospective students only. Parents and little siblings are not eligible for bus transportation. Cedarville chaperones will be present for bus transportation and a signed Medical/Parental Release Form will be required of all students traveling on the bus)
Who Should Attend?
Multiethnic and international high school students — or any student interested in learning what Cedarville is doing to engage the elements of diversity within the body of Christ.
What is the Schedule?
- Get oriented with a welcome time hosted by Cedarville’s Diversity Student Programming Team. You’ll also meet diversity-oriented student organization leaders and see some of the “orgs” in action.
- Attend the CU Friday campus visit event, meet new friends at “The Social,” a popular student event with a distinctly Latin flair, and cheer on the Yellow Jackets in the first home basketball game of the season.
- Enjoy brunch with University administrators, stop in for the application party, learn about Cedarville’s generous scholarship options, attend another basketball game, and enjoy GospelFest, a concert featuring gospel choirs from colleges around the Midwest.
- Head for home
November 8–11, 2012 (see schedule)
Cedarville University, Cedarville, Ohio (Directions to campus)
All meals, activities, and residence hall accommodations will be provided free of charge. If you are riding a bus from Ohio or the East Coast, you will need to pay for your meals along the way.
What to Wear?
Be casual and comfortable (e.g., jeans, T-shirts, sweatshirt, etc.) but remember to pack a something warm like a coat.
What to Bring?
Bible, notebook, Medical/Parental Release Form and some spending money in case you want to get some snacks
If you are riding on a bus, these are the locations that you will be picked up:
- Cleveland – Cedar Hill Baptist Church, 12601 Cedar Road, Cleveland Heights, OH 44106
- Akron/Canton – The Chapel, 135 Fir Hil, Akron, OH 44304
- Columbus – Worthington Christian School, 6675 Worthington-Galena Road, Worthington, OH 43085
- Philadelphia – Pinn Memorial Baptist Church, 2251 North 54th St., Philadelphia, PA 19131
- Baltimore – Mt. Pleasant Church and Ministires, 6000 Radecke Ave., Baltimore, MD 21206