Application Instructions for New or First-time Bioethics Students
Cedarville University is a Christ-centered learning community equipping students for lifelong leadership and service through an education marked by excellence and grounded in biblical truth.
The University invites applications from qualified students who hold a minimum of a bachelor's degree, are able to present a strong academic record, and have a profession of faith in Jesus Christ.
Applicants must also affirm their commitment to the Cedarville covenant and agree to abide by the student standards of conduct. Applicants should review the University's doctrinal statement to understand our beliefs and Christian heritage, which serves as the foundation for our community.
Applicants who present satisfactory evidence of their ability to perform at the graduate level are admitted to the University to enroll in the bioethics graduate certificate program. Cedarville University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, or disability.
The Director of University Admissions and the graduate admissions committee review the qualifications of each applicant on an individual basis:
- Application for Admission: [Online] - Complete and return the application. Be sure to answer every question. If the question does not apply to you, write "N/A" in the space provided.
- Recommendations - Once your online application is complete, you can send a request for your recommendation directly from the application system. Each request will include a link to an online recommendation form. If your recommender has difficulty filling out that form, you can use the PDF files linked to each form below.
- Church Leader - Have a leader at your church who is familiar with your testimony and spiritual development complete and return this form.
- Undergraduate Degree - Applicants must have earned a minimum of a bachelor's degree from an accredited program with a preferred grade point average of 2.75 or higher on a 4.00 scale.
- Transcripts - Provide an official transcript from the institution that awarded your baccalaureate degree. Also provide an official transcript from any institution where you took graduate courses even if no credit was earned.
- Writing Sample - The essay section of this application will serve as a writing sample.
- Application Fee - Submit a $30 non-refundable application fee.
- International Students - See additional information and requirements for international students.
We encourage you to apply early for graduate admission to Cedarville. As the applicant, you are responsible for gathering and submitting all the necessary documents required to complete your application. Your application will be processed and reviewed by the graduate admissions committee as soon as all of the materials are received.
In most cases you will be notified by letter within three weeks of the graduate admissions committee.