Tuition — $398 per semester hour.
Federal aid is available to students who meet established requirements and complete the required forms. Institutional scholarships are also available.
Graduate students are eligible to receive Stafford and Grad PLUS loans, but not other federal grants (e.g. Pell Grant or SEOG).
Scholarships and Grants
AfterCollege – Awards annual scholarships to students pursuing a baccalaureate, master's, or doctoral degree in nursing, in collaboration with the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN).
American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) – Designed specifically for students at AACN member institutions. Because Cedarville is an AACN member institution, M.S.N. students can access information about nursing education programs, financial aid, nursing professional network, career information, and other nursing profession-related resources and links at the AACN website.
- Students must be accepted into program and registered for classes before applying for loans
- Students should complete a new FAFSA each academic year (required for Stafford loans application)
- Loan amounts are limited to student cost minus family contribution
- Apply for loans before the beginning of each term. Normal processing time is 2-4 weeks.
The Federal Stafford Loan Program provides loans at a low cost to students. There are two Stafford Loans that students are eligible for: Stafford Subsidized Loan and Stafford Unsubsidized Loan.
- Stafford Loans are available for up to $20,500 per academic year. Of that amount, up to $8,500 may be subsidized. Qualifications for subsidized versus unsubsidized loans are determined by information submitted on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Complete the online FAFSA.
- A student must be enrolled at least half time (four hours) to be eligible for Stafford Loan funds. Prior to loan submission and approval, students must be accepted and registered for classes for the upcoming term. To receive a Stafford Loan:
- Step 1: File the FAFSA.
- Step 2: Notify our financial aid office by sending an e-mail to Fred Merritt, executive director of financial aid, indicating that you have completed submitting your FAFSA. In your e-mail, be sure to indicate the year and term(s) (fall, spring, summer) for which you are seeking a loan.
- Step 3: You will be notified by e-mail to review and accept or reject your loan awards on our eAward notification system. The eAward will provide additional information and web page links necessary for you to complete the loan process.
- Step 4: Sign Master Promissory Note at StudentLoans.gov
- Step 5: Complete Entrance Counseling at StudentLoans.gov
- If you have additional questions about Stafford Loans, please contact Fred Merritt in financial aid by e-mail or phone at 1-800-444-2433.
Grad PLUS Loans
The Federal Graduate PLUS Loan Program provides low-interest loans for graduate and professional degree students enrolled in school at least half-time (minimum of four credit hours per semester). Graduate students must be U.S. citizens or registered permanent residents to apply for a PLUS loan. Eligibility for a PLUS loan is not based on demonstrated financial need.
- Grad PLUS loans require a credit check.
- Students should extinguish eligibility for Stafford Loans before applying for Grad PLUS loans.
- If you have additional questions about Grad PLUS Loans, please contact Fred Merritt in financial aid by e-mail or phone at 1-800-444-2433.
For more information, contact Fred Merritt in financial aid by e-mail or phone at 1-800-444-2433 during regular business hours.
Payment and Account Balances
Plan to pay your balance, less any tuition deposit, by the due date listed on your online invoice.
You may pay using cash (in person), money orders, personal checks, certified checks, or on a major credit/debit card with a 2.5% convenience fee. We do not accept payment by Visa. Credit card payments may be made in person at the Cashiers office or by phone by calling 937-766-7824. An online credit card payment option will be available later this year.
Payments can also be made online using our EZ-Pay System.
For payment by mail, make checks payable to "Cedarville University." Include your student ID number on your check to insure proper credit to your account. Send payments by mail to:
Attention: Cashiers Office
251 N Main Street
Cedarville, OH 45314
You can view your current invoice or student account on CedarInfo. If you have questions about your current invoice or student account, please contact the cashiers office at 937-766-7827 or by e-mail.