Application Instructions for New or First-time M.B.A. Students
Cedarville University is a Christ-centered learning community equipping students for lifelong leadership and service through an education marked by excellence and grounded in biblical truth.
Go to Online Application
The Cedarville University M.B.A program invites applications from business professionals who hold an undergraduate degree, are able to present a strong academic record, and have a profession of faith in Jesus Christ.
Applicants must also affirm their commitment to the Cedarville covenant and agree to abide by the graduate student standards of conduct. Applicants should review the University’s doctrinal statement to understand our beliefs and Christian heritage, which serves as the foundation for our community.
Applicants who present satisfactory evidence of their ability to perform at the graduate level are admitted to the M.B.A program. Cedarville University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, or disability.
The graduate admissions committee, business faculty, and director of graduate admissions review the qualifications of each M.B.A applicant on an individual basis.
Application Review Documents
- Application for Admission: [Online] - Complete and submit the online application.
- Recommendations — Once your online application is complete, you can send your recommendation requests directly from the application system. Each request will include a link to an online recommendation form. If your recommenders have difficulty completing the online form, please use the PDF file linked to each form below.
- Church Leader - Have a leader at your church who is familiar with your testimony and spiritual development complete and return this form.
- Supervisor/Employer - Have your immediate supervisor complete and return this form. If not currently employed, have a former employer complete and return this form.
- Professional Reference - If possible, have a current or former professor complete and return the recommendation. Otherwise, have someone you work with or who knows you professionally complete and return this form.
- Note: Both the supervisor/employer and professional recommendations should evaluate your capacity to undertake a rigorous academic program, as well as address your leadership ability. The person making the recommendation should have knowledge of the requirements of graduate-level work. Recommendations from personal friends or family members will not be accepted.
- Undergraduate Degree - Transcripts — Provide an official transcript from the institution that awarded your accredited undergraduate degree. Also provide an official transcript from any institution where you took graduate courses even if no credit was earned.
- Applicants must have earned an undergraduate degree from an accredited program with a preferred grade point average of 2.75 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Test Scores (if necessary) - Is the GMAT or GRE required?
|Previously earned graduate degree(s) *
|Undergraduate cumulative GPA of 3.0 *
|Undergraduate cumulative GPA less than 3.0 *
* Degree(s) and credits earned from a regionally accredited institution
- Writing Sample (within the application) - Provide an essay of your testimony of faith along with your educational and professional goals:
- Your writing sample should address your specific professional plans and career objectives.
- You should view this essay as an opportunity to analyze past professional developments and consider future contributions as a result of graduate education.
- Current Résumé - Submit your current professional résumé. You may upload this document where indicated on the online application site.
- International Students - View information and requirements for international students.
- Application Fee - Submit a $30 non-refundable application fee.
Other Factors Considered
- Computer Proficiency - Basic skills in the areas of email, Internet searches, and Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- If you are concerned about your level of computer skills, please discuss any questions you may have with your admissions counselor.
- Prerequisites - Please refer to Curriculum for prerequisite course requirements. Prerequisites will be assessed during the review process using transcripts submitted. If it is determined that you need to fulfill a prerequisite course, you will need to do so as part of your progression in the program.
We encourage you to apply early for graduate admission to Cedarville. As the applicant, you are responsible for gathering and submitting all the necessary documents required to complete your application. Your application will be processed and reviewed by the Graduate Admissions Committee as soon as all of the materials are received.
In most cases you will be notified by letter within three weeks of the Graduate Admissions Committee's decision. However, some applications may need extended time for review and/or follow-up. If you have not heard from the Graduate Admissions Office within 30 days of submitting all the necessary documents, please contact us.