The Federal Stafford Loan Program provides loans at a low cost to students. There are two Stafford Loans that students are eligible for: Stafford Subsidized Loan and Stafford Unsubsidized Loan.
- Stafford Loans are available for up to $20,500 per academic year. Of that amount, up to $8,500 may be subsidized. Qualifications for subsidized versus unsubsidized loans are determined by information submitted on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Complete the online FAFSA.
- A student must be enrolled at least half time (four hours) to be eligible for Stafford Loan funds. Prior to loan submission and approval, students must be accepted and registered for classes for the upcoming term. To receive a Stafford Loan:
- If you have additional questions about Stafford Loans, please contact Fred Merritt in financial aid by e-mail or phone at 1-800-444-2433.
Grad PLUS Loans
The Federal Graduate PLUS Loan Program provides low-interest loans for graduate and professional degree students enrolled in school at least half-time (minimum of four credit hours per semester). Graduate students must be U.S. citizens or registered permanent residents to apply for a PLUS loan. Eligibility for a PLUS loan is not based on demonstrated financial need.
- Grad PLUS loans require a credit check.
- Students should extinguish eligibility for Stafford Loans before applying for Grad PLUS loans.
- If you have additional questions about Grad PLUS Loans, please contact Fred Merritt in financial aid by e-mail or phone at 1-800-444-2433.
For more information, contact Fred Merritt in financial aid by e-mail or phone at 1-800-444-2433 during regular business hours.