Master of Ministry Application Instructions
Cedarville University is a Christ-centered learning community equipping students for lifelong leadership and service through an education marked by excellence and grounded in biblical truth.
Go to Online Application
Cedarville University invites applications to the Master of Ministry program from graduates who have received a degree from a regionally accredited or otherwise approved university, who are able to present strong academic records, and who have a profession of faith in Jesus Christ.
Applicants must also affirm their commitment to the Cedarville covenant and agree to abide by the graduate student standards of conduct. Applicants should review the University’s doctrinal statement to understand our beliefs and Christian heritage, which serves as the foundation for our community.
Applicants who present satisfactory evidence of their ability to perform at the graduate level are admitted to the Master of Ministry program. The Graduate Admissions Committee, Bible faculty, and Director of University Admissions review the qualifications of each Master of Ministry applicant on an individual basis.
Cedarville University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, or disability.
Application Review Documents
- Application for Admission: [Online] — Complete and submit the online application.
- Recommendations — Once you begin your online application, you can send your recommendation requests directly from the application system. Each request will include a link to an online recommendation form. If your recommenders have difficulty completing the online form, please use the PDF file linked to each form below.
- Church Leader — Have a pastor or other church leader within the church you attend who is familiar with your testimony and spiritual development complete this form. The recommender must have known you for at least six months and must not be related to you.
- Professional Reference — If you are a current undergraduate student or recent graduate, please have a current or former professor complete and return the recommendation. Otherwise, have someone you work with or who knows you professionally complete and return this form.
- Note: The professional recommendation should evaluate your capacity to undertake a rigorous academic program, as well as address your leadership ability. The person making the recommendation should have knowledge of the requirements of graduate-level work. Recommendations from personal friends or family members will not be accepted.
- Transcripts — Submit official college transcripts from all post-secondary institutions in which you enrolled, even if no credit was earned or grades received. The degree-granting institution transcript should also indicate the degree conferred and the date granted. If you are currently completing a baccalaureate degree, conditional admission may be granted until the final degree-granting transcript is received. Transcripts should be sent directly from the institution attended to Cedarville University.
- Applicants must have earned an undergraduate degree from an accredited or otherwise approved program with a preferred grade point average of 3.00 or higher on a 4.00 scale.
- Test Scores — standardized test scores are not required for the Master of Ministry program
- Writing Sample (within the application) — Provide an essay of your testimony of faith along with your educational and professional goals:
- Your writing sample should address your specific professional plans and career objectives.
- You should view this essay as an opportunity to analyze past professional developments and consider future contributions as a result of graduate education.
- International Students — View information and requirements for international students.
- Application Fee — Submit a $30 non-refundable application fee.
Other Factors Considered
- Computer Proficiency — Basic skills in the areas of email, Internet searches, and Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- If you are concerned about your level of computer skills, please discuss any questions you may have during any phase of the application process..
- Interview — Each applicant will be contacted by the program director or a faculty member for an interview as part of the review process.
- Prerequisites — Please refer to the curriculum for prerequisite course requirements. Prerequisites will be assessed during the review process using transcripts submitted. If it is determined that you need to fulfill a prerequisite course, you will need to do so before beginning the program.
We encourage you to apply early for graduate admission to Cedarville. As the applicant, you are responsible for gathering and submitting all the necessary documents required to complete your application. Your application will be processed and reviewed by the Graduate Admissions Committee as soon as all of the materials are received.
In most cases you will be notified by letter within three weeks of the Graduate Admissions Committee's decision. However, some applications may need extended time for review and/or follow-up. If you have not heard from the Graduate Admissions Office within 30 days of submitting all the necessary documents, please contact us.