A part-time ministry internship serves as the capstone experience for the M.Min. program. This mentored and evaluated ministry experience under the direction of a qualified field mentor takes place following all program course work. This experience lasts approximately eight weeks, and the requirements include:
The program director will work alongside you to craft a meaningful internship experience. The field mentors are required to complete a training and equipping session to ensure that course objectives are met and that you have a rich and profitable experience.
- Developing a personal philosophy of ministry
- Weekly journal to evaluate personal ministry strengths and weaknesses
- Reading reaction papers
- Teaching observation, planning, experience, and self-evaluation
- Individual mentor/mentee relationships
- Leadership development and observation