Dr. Conway serves as department chair and senior professor of nursing. She earned a diploma from the Hackley Hospital School of Nursing in 1965. She received her B.S.N. from Coe College in 1976 and her M.S. from the University of Arizona in 1979. Dr. Conway earned a Specialist in Clinical Nursing certificate from Indiana University in 1982 and her Ph.D. from the University of Texas in 1988. Dr. Conway has been at Cedarville since 1982.
- Ph.D., University of Texas
- F.N.P., University of Indiana
- M.S., University of Arizona
- B.S.N., Coe College
Areas of Interest:
- Nursing educational administration
- Advanced nursing practice
Selected Scholarly Activities:
- Alyn, I.B. & Conway, J.A. (1995). What is caring? Journal of Christian Nursing. 12(3), 7–12, 45.
- Conway, J. (2001). Nursing education model: Caring from a Christian cultural perspective. International Journal for Human Caring, 5(1), 21–25.
- Conway, J. (2006, November). Clinical teaching workshop. Presented at the Dayton Area Nurse Educators workshop.
- Conway, J. (2006, November). Beyond baths and beds: Promoting critical thinking and professional role development. Presented at AACN Baccalaureate Education Conference, Advancing Baccalaureate Education for Excellence in Practice, Orlando, FL.
- Conway, J. (2008, June). Teaching EBP – An undergraduate research class transformation. Poster presented at Summer Institute on Evidence-Based Practice: Innovation for Quality & Safety, San Antonio, TX.
- Conway, J. (1999–present). Breast cancer early detection. Presented annually at Cedarville University, Cedarville, OH.
Manuscript reviewer for:
- Craven, R. (1999). Fundamentals of nursing: Human health and function. Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott.
- Smeltzer, S.C. & Bare, B.G. (1999). Brunner and Suddarth’s textbook of medical-surgical nursing. Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott.
- Consultant for Kentucky Christian College, department of nursing program review and preparation for CCNE accreditation, 2003–2005, and 2009
- Accreditation site visitor for the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 1998–present
- Member of Christian Deans Fellowship, 2007–present
- Member as department chair for American Association of Colleges of Nursing, 2007–present
- Member of Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education Accreditation Review Committee
- External evaluator for Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education to assess nursing program compliance with the National Task Force on Quality Nurse Practitioner Education’s (NTF) Criteria for Evaluation of Nurse Practitioner Programs