Cliff Fawcett, Assistant Professor of Nursing
Mr. Fawcett serves as assistant professor of nursing. He graduated from Cedarville University with a B.S.N. in 1988. He earned a Masters of Education (M.Ed.) from the University of Virginia in Sports Medicine/Athletic Training in 1989 and in 1997 earned his M.S.N. from the University of Delaware in the Family Nurse Practitioner program. Fawcett practiced as a nurse practitioner for 11 years in Philadelphia with Booth Bartolozzi Balderston Orthopaedics, where he served on the medical staff of the Philadelphia Eagles (NFL) , Philadelphia Flyers (NHL), and other professional and collegiate sports teams. He is passionate about education and the role of the nurse practitioner as primarily an educator. He is currently practicing part time at the Springfield Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine Institute.
Mr. Fawcett joined the nursing faculty in 2010 and serves as the family nurse practitioner (FNP) track coordinator.
- M.S.N., F.N.P., University of Delaware
- M.Ed., Sports Medicine/Athletic Training, University of Virginia
- B.S.N., Cedarville University
Areas of Interest
- Sports medicine
- Primary care
Selected Scholarly Activities
- Bartolozzi, A., & Godek, J. (2004). Current concepts in sports medicine: Concussion in the athlete. Co-author.
- Fawcett, C.W. (1992). A new look at hydrotherapy for athletic injuries. Sports Medicine Update.
- Fawcett, C.W. (2001, June). Thermal shrinkage of partial tears of the ACL. Presented at the Annual Meeting of the Philadelphia Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine (P.O.S.S.M.), Philadelphia, PA.
- Fawcett, C.W. (2002). A courageous athlete, Katie Scherle. South Jersey Sports Club.
- Fawcett, C.W. (2003). Caring for the kixx. ADVANCE for Nurses.
- Fawcett, C.W. (2009, January). Shoulder biomechanics and factors leading to injury. Presented as a continuing education seminar.
- Fawcett, C.W. (2009, August). Shoulder anatomy. Presented at the Urbana Physical Therapy Seminar.
- Fawcett, C.W. (2009, October). Shoulder examination. Presented at the Springfield Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine Institute.
- Fawcett, C.W. (2010, February). Osteoarthritis of the knee. Presented for the Cedarville University Wellness Program, Cedarville, OH.
- Fawcett, C.W. (April, 2010). Osteoarthritis of the knee. Presented at the Masonic Home, Springfield, OH.
- Fawcett, C.W. (2010, August). Urbana physical therapy.
- Freedman, K., Bartolozzi, A.R., Lamar, D., & Fawcett, C.W. (2001, April). Thermal shrinkage of partial tears of the ACL. Presented at the 20th Annual Meeting of the Arthroscopy Association of North America. Seattle, WA.
- Lamar, D.S., Bartolozzi, A.R., Freedman, K.B., Nagda, S., & Fawcett, C.W. (2005). Thermal modification of partial tears of the anterior cruciate ligamen. Arthroscopy: Journal of Arthroscopic and Related Surgery, 21(7), 809–814.
- Valletta, D., Reddy, S., Bartolozzi, A.R., & Fawcett, C.W. (2006, March). Functional outcome following ACL reconstruction in patients aged 50 and over. Poster presented at the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL.
- Sports medicine coordinator/physician liaison for the Philadelphia Eagles Football Club, 1997–2002
- Sports medicine coordinator/physician liaison for the Philadelphia Flyers Hockey Club, 1997–2002
- Medical liaison for ESPN medical staff for X Games, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 2001–2002
- Guest reviewer for the Journal of Sport Rehabilitation, 2004–2005
- Nurse practitioner for Springfield Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine Institute, 2008–present
- Facilitator and teacher for a college Sunday school class at Grace Baptist Church, Cedarville, Ohio
- Camp nurse for New Life Island Baptist Camp, Frenchtown, New Jersey