Carrie Keib, Associate Professor of Nursing
Dr. Keib serves as assistant professor of nursing. She received her B.S.N. from Liberty University in 1999 and her M.S. (2005) and Ph.D. (2007) from The Ohio State University. Dr. Keib completed the Graduate Interdisciplinary Specialization in Aging from The Ohio State University College of Medicine and the Office of Geriatrics and Gerontology (2007). Dr. Keib has been at Cedarville since 2007.
- Ph.D., The Ohio State University
- M.S., A.H.N.P., The Ohio State University
- B.S.N., Liberty University
Areas of Interest:
- Research, older adults and coronary heart disease
- Illness perceptions and coronary heart disease
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Clinical, gerontology and cardiology
Selected Scholarly Activities:
- Keib, C.N. (2007, April). Pulmonary assessment. Presented to Family Nurse Practitioner, Adult Nurse Practitioner, Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner, Nurse Midwifery, Clinical Nurse Specialist, and Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing Specialty graduate students at The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH.
- Keib, C.N. (2007, October). Considering the patient perspective: The influence of patient perceptions of coronary heart disease on cardiac rehabilitation utilization. American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation: The Cardiac Rehabilitation Medical Directors Newsletter, 3(1).
- Keib, C.N. & Pelham, J.C. (2006). Mediastinitis following coronary artery bypass graft surgery: Pathogenesis, clinical presentation, risks, and management. Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing, 2(6), 493–499.
- Keib, C.N. & Reynolds, N.R. (2006, March). Cardiac rehabilitation: Promoting use in the elderly. Presented at the 30th Annual Research Conference of the Midwest Nursing Research Society, Milwaukee, WI.
- Keib, C.N., Reynolds, N.R., & Ahijevych, K.A. (in press). Poor cardiac rehabilitation utilization among older adults: A self-regulatory model for tailored interventions. Heart & Lung.
- Pearson, S.M., Keib, C.N., & Bauldoff, G.S. (2008, March). Effects of social support and depression on health-related quality of life in patients who have experienced a cardiac event. Presented at the 32nd Annual Research Conference of the Midwest Nursing Research Society, Indianapolis, IN.
Keib, C.N. (2008, February). Geriatric Nursing Education Consortium (GNEC) Institute Enhancing Gerontology Content in Senior-Level Baccalaureate Courses Attendee, San Antonio, TX.
- Invited to review manuscript for Heart and Lung: The Journal of Acute and Critical Care, October 2010