Go to Online Application
Cedarville University is a Christ-centered learning community equipping students for lifelong leadership and service through an education marked by excellence and grounded in biblical truth.
Cedarville University invites applications to the RN to BSN degree completion program from students who have received an associate's degree in nursing from a regionally accredited or otherwise approved university, who are able to present strong academic records, and who have a profession of faith in Jesus Christ.
Applicants must also affirm their commitment to the Cedarville covenant and agree to abide by the Graduate and Adult Programs standards of conduct. Applicants should review the University’s doctrinal statement to understand our beliefs and Christian heritage, which serves as the foundation for our community.
Applicants who present satisfactory evidence of their ability to perform at the baccalaureate level are admitted to this degree completion program. Applicants must hold a current unrestricted license as a registered nurse in the United States. Applicants currently not holding such licensure must be eligible to sit for the NCLEX-RN exam and successfully complete this exam as outlined below. The Adult Programs Admissions Committee, nursing faculty, and Director of University Admissions review the qualifications of each RN to BSN applicant on an individual basis.
Cedarville University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, or disability.
Application Review Documents
- Application for Admission: [Online] — Complete and submit the online application.
- Recommendations — Once you begin your online application, you can send your recommendation requests directly from the application system. Each request will include a link to an online recommendation form. If your recommenders have difficulty completing the online form, please use the PDF file linked to each form below.
- Church Leader — Have a leader at your church who is familiar with your testimony and spiritual development complete and return this form.
- Professional Reference — Have a nursing employer, a current or former professor of nursing, or a BSN-prepared nursing peer complete and return this recommendation.
- Note: The professional recommendation should evaluate your capacity to undertake a rigorous academic program, as well as address your leadership ability. The person making the recommendation should have knowledge of the requirements of online nursing education. Recommendations from personal friends or family members will not be accepted.
- Transcripts — Submit official college transcripts from all postsecondary institutions in which you enrolled, even if no credit was earned or grades received. The degree-granting institution transcript should also indicate the degree conferred and the date granted. If you are currently completing your associate’s degree, conditional admission may be granted until the final degree-granting transcript is received. Transcripts should be sent directly from the institution attended to Cedarville University. You may need to submit official, final high school transcripts to meet global awareness requirements.
- Applicants must have earned an associate’s degree in nursing from an accredited or otherwise approved program with a preferred grade point average of 2.50 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Writing Sample (within the application) — Provide an essay of your testimony of faith along with your educational and professional goals:
- Your writing sample should address your specific professional plans and career objectives.
- You should view this essay as an opportunity to analyze past professional development and consider future contributions as a result of a baccalaureate education.
- Current Résumé — Submit your current professional résumé. You may upload this document where indicated on the online application site.
- Current Licensure — Demonstrate evidence of current unrestricted licensure as a registered nurse in the United States for clinical experience in the United States. If not currently licensed, you must be eligible to sit for the NCLEX-RN exam, which must be successfully completed by the end of NSG-3005 (BSN Role Transition).
- Interview — An interview may be requested as needed.
- International Students — Submit TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) scores when English is a second language. Typically, an Internet-based score of 80 is required. The test must be taken within the last five years in residence in the United States.View information and requirements for international students.
- Application Fee — Submit a $30 non-refundable application fee.
- Computer Proficiency — Demonstrate basic skills in the areas of email, Internet searches, and Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- If you are concerned about your level of computer skills, please discuss any questions you may have with your admissions counselor.
We encourage you to apply early for admission to Cedarville. As the applicant, you are responsible for gathering and submitting all the necessary documents required to complete your application. Your application will be processed and reviewed by the Admissions Committee as soon as all of the materials are received.
In most cases you will be notified by letter within three weeks of the Admissions Committee's decision. However, some applications may need extended time for review and/or follow-up. If you have not heard from University Admissions within 30 days of submitting all the necessary documents, please contact us.