Cedarville University's 64-hour RN to BSN degree completion is priced at $410 per credit hour. This program is designed for full-time completion in five semesters (less than two years), with part-time options also available.
The following cost information is based on full-time enrollment. Cedarville's RN to BSN degree program can be completed full-time in less than two years. Part-time schedule options are also available. These estimates may vary based on your actual enrollment plan. Prior to each term you will receive an invoice based upon current enrollment information.
|Direct Charges (billed to student invoice)
|Tuition* – Year 1
|Tuition (estimated)* – Year 2
|Variable Costs (not billed to student invoice)
|Textbooks and supplies
|Total Estimated Expenses
* Cedarville University adult programs tuition rates are the same for on-campus or online courses and residents and non-residents of Ohio. Tuition estimate is based on full-time enrollment for five semesters (see a full-time completion plan for details). RN to BSN tuition rate is $410 per credit hour. Adult programs tuition rates are reviewed and adjusted annually. Tuition rates are effective from May 1 of the current year to April 30 of the following year.
How much financial aid am I eligible to receive?
Federal aid includes grants, loans and student employment programs funded by the federal government. Each program has eligibility criteria; however, a student must meet Satisfactory Academic Progress criteria to receive any federal aid.
The links below provide specific information on the primary federal aid programs available to qualified Cedarville students.
State aid includes grant and loan programs funded by state governments. This site includes an overview of the programs that are available to qualified Cedarville students from their home state.
The Direct Parent PLUS loan is an option available to parents of dependent students to help pay their child's education expenses. The annual limit on a Parent PLUS Loan is equal to the student's cost of attendance minus any other financial aid the student receives. For example, if the cost of attendance is $28,000 and the student receives $18,000 in other financial aid, the student's parent can request up to $10,000. The interest rate on Parent PLUS loans is currently fixed at 6.41% and there is a 4.204% origination fee.
Note: The SAME parent must complete steps 2-4 below (PLUS Request, MPN, Authorization) when applying for a Parent PLUS loan.
Note: Steps 1, 2 and 4 must be completed every year. Step 3 is a one time process.
A Parent PLUS Loan cannot be obtained unless the student completes the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). In addition to the FAFSA, all of the following steps must be completed before PLUS loan funds will disburse to the student's account.
The student needs to 'Accept' the Parent PLUS Loan on their eAward at MyFinancialAid.
Beginning May 1st each academic year, the parent obtaining the PLUS loan must complete the PLUS Request Process via the Department of Education’s website. This application triggers a credit check; once this application is submitted the parent will immediately receive a 'Credit Decision' indicating either an 'Accepted' or 'Declined' decision.
Note: This credit decision is good for 90 days; therefore, it is important that steps 3 and 4 below are completed about the same time. This will allow the financial aid office to originate the PLUS loan before the credit decision expires.
If the parent receives an 'Accepted' credit decision when completing step 2, they must then complete the Master Promissory Note, which is also located on the Department of Education’s website.
Note: A Parent PLUS Master Promissory Note is student specific and normally will be good for 10 years once successfully completed for each individual child/student.
Completed online at Cedarville's webpage, the parent must also complete the Parent Authorization Form to specify the details (the loan amount and term) of their Parent PLUS loan.
Federal Direct Stafford loans are fixed-rate, low interest loans available to undergraduate students attending Cedarville at least half-time. These loans are the most common source of college loan funding.
- Direct Stafford Loans have annual loan limits based on a student's class status:
Freshmen $5,500 (up to $3,500 may be subsidized)
Sophomores $6,500 (up to $4,500 may be subsidized)
Juniors $7,500 (up to $5,500 may be subsidized)
Seniors $7,500 (up to $5,500 may be subsidized)
- Stafford Loan Interest Rate Table
Federal Direct Subsidized Stafford Loan: The federal government pays the interest on this loan while the student is enrolled at least half-time. The student must have financial need to qualify for this type of loan. There is no penalty for early repayment of this loan.
Federal Direct Unsubsidized Stafford Loan: The student will be charged interest on this loan from the time the loan is disbursed until it is paid in full. The student may pay the interest while enrolled in school. Any unpaid interest will be capitalized (added to the loan principal amount) at the time repayment begins. There is no penalty for early repayment of this loan.
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA): www.fafsa.gov
- A student cannot receive a Direct Stafford Loan unless they complete the FAFSA process.
Accept the Direct Stafford Loan(s) at MyFinancialAid.
- Most students have the option of obtaining at least two Direct Stafford Loans; in some cases a student could have as many as three or even four different Direct Stafford Loans.
- Carefully review the Direct Stafford Loans which you are eligible to receive and accept or reject each Direct Stafford Loan on at MyFinancialAid.
Note: Decisions on whether to 'Accept' or 'Reject' a loan(s) is not a one-time, final decision. Perhaps the initial decision is that a particular loan is not needed as part of the payment plan, so it is 'Rejected' on the eAward. However, later in the academic year the student realizes that they do need that loan. The student can go back to their eAward and change the decision from 'Reject' to 'Accept' and the loan will disburse to their student account (as long as Entrance Counseling and Student Master Promissory Note are also completed).
All first-time borrowers must complete Entrance Counseling to obtain a Direct Stafford Loan.
- Students who completed Entrance Counseling for a Direct Stafford Loan in a prior year do not need to redo Entrance Counseling. This is a one-time requirement.
- Transfer students who received Direct Stafford Loan funds at another college should notify the financial aid office. Transfer students do not need to redo Entrance Counseling as long as Cedarville can confirm their prior Entrance Counseling at COD's website.
All first-time borrowers must complete a student Master Promissory Note to obtain a Direct Stafford Loan.
- Students who completed a Master Promissory Note and received Federal Direct Stafford Loan funds in a prior year do not need to complete another Master Promissory Note.
- Transfer students who received Direct Stafford Loan funds at another college should notify the financial aid office. Transfer students with a valid MPN do not need to complete another MPN to process their student loans at Cedarville.
Alternative loans are credit-based private loans (not part of the federal government loan program) that are obtained through a lending institution. The amount a student may borrow through an alternative loan is up to the full cost of attendance minus other aid. Cedarville University will process alternative loans from any lender you choose.
Select a lender and complete their online application.
2 Lender will Contact School
After your online application is processed, the lender will contact Cedarville for certification.
3 Loan Funds Disbursed
Loan funds will be disbursed upon loan approval.
The Federal Perkins Loan is awarded to students who demonstrate the highest financial need. The Perkins Loan is subsidized meaning it is interest free while the student is enrolled at least half-time. Interest does not start to accrue until after the grace period (nine months). The standard Perkins Loan awarded amount is $1,500 per year and the interest rate is currently fixed at 5 percent.
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA): www.fafsa.gov
Accept your Perkins Loan at MyFinancialAid.
- Once you accept your Perkins Loan, the status will be updated to "Pending" until you complete Step 3 below.
3 Complete Paperwork
Follow the instructions on your eAward account and complete no later than August 1.
- Students who do not sign their Perkins Master Promissory Note by August 1 will lose their opportunity to obtain the Perkins Loan for the duration of the academic year.
Plan to pay your balance, less your reservation deposit, by the due date listed on your online invoice.
Students may pay their University bills using cash, money orders, personal checks, certified checks, or on Visa, Mastercard, and Discover credit/debit cards with a 2.5 percent convenience fee. Payments can be made online using our EZ-Pay system, in person at the Cashiers Office, or by calling 937-766-7830.
For payment by mail, make checks payable to Cedarville University. Include your student ID number on your check to insure proper credit to your account. For your own protection, please do not mail cash. Send payments by mail to:
ATTN: Cashiers Office
251 N Main St.
Cedarville, OH 45314
You can view your current invoice or student account on CedarInfo. If you have questions about your current invoice or student account, please contact the Cashiers Office.