Cedarville University is a mission-driven institution. Everything we do is undertaken as a means of accomplishing our mission. Cedarville University is also a vision-driving institution. We undertake efforts, design programs, and build facilities in order to achieve our vision of being the institution of higher learning of choice for conservative Christian young people who want to grow spiritually, be challenged academically, and develop socially.
The tenets of historic Christianity, anchored in Biblical revelation, and personal adherence to them, are non-negotiable at Cedarville University. We hold chapel services every weekday to bring the entire university family together in worship and praise. Our faculty is committed to the integration of scripture throughout the curriculum.
Our doctrinal statement is historically Baptistic. Our positions on some of the more important elements of the Christian faith include:
- We believe in the verbal, plenary inspiration of Scripture and its inerrancy in the original manuscripts of canon.
- We believe in the creation of all that we see and know, including the earth and mankind, by the direct act of God.
- We believe in the fall of man and the universal consequences of the sin of Adam in the Garden of Eden. Every person is a sinner both by birth and by choice.
- We believe in the incarnation of the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God and second person of the Godhead. He is both fully God and fully man.
- We believe in the substitutionary death of Christ at Calvary, His burial, His bodily resurrection, and His ascension into Heaven where He now sits at the right hand of the Father.
- We believe in the gift of salvation, by grace alone, through faith alone, that is available to every sinner who calls upon the name of the Lord.
- We believe in the imminent return of Jesus Christ to claim His rightful throne as King of Kings.
For more details, read our doctrinal statement in its entirety.