Institutions must make modifications to academic requirements to ensure that these requirements do not discriminate against students with disabilities or have the effect of excluding students solely on the basis of disability.
Colleges and universities may not:
- Limit the number of students with disabilities admitted
- Make pre-admission inquiries regarding an applicant's disability
- Exclude a student from a course of study
- Counsel a student with a disability toward a more restrictive career
- Measure achievement using methods that discriminate against students with disabilities