Begin your college experience at Cedarville with a strong foundation!
As you face new expectations for your academic performance, the learning habits you develop now can influence the rest of your college education.
Foundations is a one-credit course available to all new students to help you proactively adapt to college-level learning. You will explore proven strategies for taking notes, thinking critically, managing time, taking tests, and balancing priorities. The class size is intentionally small, and your professor will serve as an advocate for your personal and professional goals.
Through this course, you’ll identify your strengths and discover what motivates you to succeed. Not only will the habits and goals you develop prepare you for college, but they will also equip you for a lifetime of success.
What are the benefits of Foundations?
- Orient you to the Cedarville learning community
- Identify your personal strengths
- Help you develop a plan to achieve your goals
- Introduce you to effective tools and resources
- Guide you in an inspiring environment
- Earn one credit
- Develop strategies for success ... in college and in life!
What does the course consist of?
- Customized class scheduling
- One-on-one advising
- Priority tutoring
- Time-management strategies
- Personality evaluation
- Goal setting
- Accountability sessions
- Tangible study techniques
Because of its unique environment, this course is available to the first 200 students.