If you are notified of a "tornado warning", please go immediately to a shelter according to the following procedure:
|Alford Annex and Auditorium
||Ambassador Hall basement or Alford Annex interior corridor and restrooms
||Ambassador Hall basement.
||Computer lab 116, rooms 104, 105, 106 and adjoining corridor
|Callan Athletic Center
||AC ground floor interior corridor between gym and locker rooms and area adjacent to elevator
|Center for Biblical and Theological Studies
Stay off second floor and out of open atrium area.
- 1st Option: Room 116 and corridor area by rooms 116, 117 and 118
- 2nd Option: Room 104 under desks
||Collins Hall basement area
|Center for Teaching and Learning
|Founders Hall basement
|Dixon Ministry Center
||See information below**
|Engineering and Science Center
||ENS ground floor corridor between rooms 144-170, faculty office area corridor between rooms 171-179, corridor between 142-144 and/or Science Center basement corridor between rooms 102 and 118
|Engineering Project Laboratory
||Same locations as the ENS building
|Fine Arts Building
||Fine Arts Building basement
|Fitness Recreation and Health Center
||Same as Callan Athletic Center
||Founders Hall basement
|Human Resource Center
||Conference room and kitchenette area
|HSC (Health Sciences Center)
|Ground floor large lecture hall room 105 and lab room 126 if accessible
||Lower level south (Rooms 17 and 20, MediaPLEX, Curriculum Materials Ctr. and Language lab and room 28.
|Milner Business Bldg.
||ENS Science Center basement corridor between rooms 102 and 118
||Ground floor interior corridor or Collins Hall basement area
||Service Center large interior break room, women’s restroom, ground floor areas of Carr and Marshall
|Stevens Student Center
||See information below**
|Tyler Digi-Com Center
||Ground floor interior corridors, classrooms and restrooms
|University Medical Services
||Callan Athletic Center ground floor interior corridor and training room
||Ground floor interior corridor
*Dixon Ministry Center: If time allows, as determined by campus safety officials: resident students go to their resident hall shelter locations; faculty/staff go to shelter locations for buildings where their offices are located; commuter students/visitors go to one of the following locations in the Dixon Ministry Center:
- Music Center rooms 125 and 149
- Interior corridor (located on west side of chapel) running between rooms 152 and 195
- Christian Ministries interior corridor (located on the north side of the building) between rooms 191 adn 164 and inside room 164
- Restrooms across from room 149
- Rooms 157, 159, and 162
- Rear of Chapel by base of staircases
If time does not allow: All occupants of the DMC should seek shelter in one of the commuter/visitor locations in the building.
** STEVENS STUDENT CENTER: Occupants should go to one of the following locations:
- Rooms 240, 241, 245, 246 and Theater entrance area
- Lower level (North end) corridor behind the bookstore to room 112
- Lower level (North end) inside game room, computer lab, movement studio and restrooms across from game room
- Lower level (South end) corridor between 153 and 164
- Faculty/staff - seek shelter in any interior office, conference room or work area on the lower level of the building that is not near exterior walls, windows or doors.
Safery Procedures: Stay away from locations on or above second floors, inside elevators, near exterior windows and walls or wide span roof areas such as gyms or auditoriums. The best locations are located in interior corridors, restrooms, or other rooms on the ground or first floor of a resident hall that are in keeping with the criteria mentioned. REMAIN IN SHELTERS UNTIL AN ALL CLEAR BY CAMPUS SAFETY AND SECURITY OFFICIALS.