One of our goals in Career Services is to equip you for the career search process. Here are some helpful tips to get you started:
- ERI Economic Research - This link provides you with critical data regarding expected starting salaries and maximum expected career earnings for over 4,000 jobs, as well as information regarding cost of living differentials for 7,200+ North American cities.
- My Next Move - This site can be helpful at any stage of your career exploration. Assessment surveys will assist you in learning more about careers that match your interests and training. Or jump right into exploring over 900 different career options—gain insight into required training, daily job responsibilities, average salaries and job outlook by region.
- MyPlan - Wondering what you can do with your major? Trying to decide what major will help you land your dream job? This is the tool for you.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook - This resource describes what workers do on the job, working conditions, the training and education needed, earnings, and expected job prospects in a wide range of occupations.
- O-Net Online - Browse groups of similar occupations within a career path. If going through a career transition, explore occupations that need your experience and transferrable skill set.