Your arrival at Cedarville is not far away, and you will soon be enjoying our beautiful dining hall. As you prepare to join the University family, it’s time to think about your meal plan options. Cedarville University and Pioneer College Caterers offer a selection of six meal plan options. The flexibility of these plans is designed to serve the varied needs of the Cedarville student body. Below are the plans that will be available to you.
Group A – $1,280 Per Semester ($2,560 for the year)
- The 21-Meal Option provides the opportunity to enjoy up to 21 meals each week in the dining hall.
- The Block 220 Meal Option entitles students to 220 meals per semester. Meals are counted by the semester, offering greater flexibility and fewer "missed meals"; in addition, you can invite up to four friends/family members to eat with you using this plan. A total of four guests may be invited each breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner period.
- The Block 210 Meal Option entitles students to 210 meals per semester and $40 in Chuck's Bucks, which can be used at The Hive (Cedarville's snack shop) or Rinnova (a coffee bar) with the same flexibility features of the Block 220 option.
Group B – $1,170 Per Semester ($2,340 for the year)
- The 14-Meal Option provides the opportunity to enjoy up to 14 meals each week in the dining hall.
- The Block 180 Meal Option entitles students to 180 meals per semester. Meals are counted by the semester, offering greater flexibility and fewer 'missed meals"; in addition, you can invite up to four friends/family members to eat using this plan. A total of four guests may be invited each breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner period.
- The Block 170 Meal Option entitles students to 170 meals per semester and $40 in Chuck's Bucks, which can be used at The Hive or Rinnova with the same flexibility features of the Block 180 option.
Commuter – $841 Per Semester ($1,682 for the year)
- The Block 120 Meal Option is a special meal plan only for commuters, off-campus interns, student teachers, and nursing students involved in clinicals. Commuter students please email your request to email@example.com. Student teachers, off-campus interns, and nursing students involved in clinicals must email their advisor for approval. The advisor should forward approval to firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests must be received one week prior to start of term.
- All meal plans entitle students to 25 exchange meals per semester in The Hive. Exchange meals are available 11 a.m.–8:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, and are counted in place of a dining hall meal. These are not additional meals but part of each meal plan.
- Meal plans cannot be changed after 5 p.m. the first Friday of classes.
- Unused meals for all plans are not transferable from one semester to the next.
- Under the block plans, you will be charged for a meal every time you enter the dining hall even if it is just to have a soft drink and talk or study.
- Under the 21/14 meal options, "unlimited entries" are allowed (entering the dining hall for a second time during a single meal period has no impact on your total available meals).
- The block plans allow for more flexibility but do not provide three meals per day under group A or two meals per day under group B.
Purchase Chuck's Bucks and enjoy the convenience of using your declining balance account for purchases at The Hive and Rinnova. These accounts are available to all members of the Cedarville University community as follows:
Cost: Purchasing Power:
Resident and commuter students can purchase Chuck's Bucks at registration and add the cost to their school bill. Chuck's Bucks can also be purchased with cash at The Hive or at the food services office. Unused Chuck's Bucks expire at the end of each semester.
We hope you enjoy the surroundings of the dining hall and snack shop and the flexibility of each option! We look forward to serving you!