Each year Cedarville University accepts a number of quality students into the tuition exchange program from participating schools in the Council for Christian Colleges & University's Tuition Waiver Exchange Program (CCCU TWEP) and/or from Baptist Bible College or Word of Life Bible Institute. Cedarville University accepts two students per academic year.
The tuition exchange program is competitive so early application is encouraged! Eligibility and selection criteria include:
- Classification: Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior, or Transfer
- GPA (college or high school)
- ACT or SAT scores
- Recommendation from pastor: spiritual reputation, Christian testimony, and involvement
- Activities, accomplishments, and awards: church, school, sports, summer programs, etc.
- Potential for leadership and contribution to campus life at Cedarville
- Major field of study
- Parent employed full-time and eligible for full tuition remission
- Financial need (determined by FAFSA)
- Complete Cedarville University's regular admission process and be accepted.
- Have the contact person from your school complete and submit the CCCU TWEP & Exchange Request Application to Cedarville University by January 15th. If you have any questions, contact Vicky Herby in the Cedarville University Financial Aid Office (937-766-7866).
- Cedarville University will select recipients by March 1.
Please note: Tuition Remission covers the cost of tuition only. Non-tuition charges are the responsibility of the student.
Tuition Remission Awarding Process (updated May 2015)
The awarding sequence for tuition remission recipients is as follows:
- Federal and state grants will be applied first (this will require families to submit a FAFSA for all degree-seeking students).
- Institutional aid will be applied next, including but not limited to academic scholarships, need-based grants, athletic aid, music or other performance scholarships, and the matching portion of a church grant.
- Tuition remission will then be awarded to bring the total aid package to 100% or 50% of tuition, in accordance with the appropriate staff benefit.
- Outside scholarships, including church grants, will be applied after the tuition remission award.
» View Awarding Scenarios
This is a four year scholarship; however, students must maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA in order to have the scholarship renewed.
Parent must remain employed full-time by sending institution.
Cedarville University Employees
The information on this page is for non-Cedarville University employees and their dependents. Visit the Tuition Remission for dependents of Cedarville University employees page for information for Cedarville University employees.