To ensure that participant hazards are kept within acceptable moral and ethical parameters when human subject research is conducted involving Cedarville University faculty, staff, and students.
The oversight of research involving human subjects at Cedarville University springs from our common commitment to the principles of human value and human dignity arising from God's Word (Psalm 8; Genesis 1:26-28; Psalm 139: 13-16). Our respect for human life at all stages, from conception until death, requires the implementation of careful, concise internal standards to protect individuals participating in research initiatives from intentional or unintentional harm, and to affirm their value as fellow bearers of God's image. It is our intention to be in compliance with federal and international standards in regard to research involving human subjects provided they are consistent with that Biblical commitment. The policy statement available through the link below should be reviewed by any researchers prior to submission of a research proposal. Any such submission should use the forms available on this site.
Committee Membership 2012 - 2013
Voting members of Cedarville's Institutional Review Board include:
- Dr. Douglas Anderson - Professor of Pharmacy Practice
- Dr. Amanda Burger - Assistant Professor of Psychology
- Dr. Sharon Christman - Professor of Nursing
- Dr. Steve Gruber - Associate Professor of Education
- Dr. Elisha Injeti - Assistant Professor of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Dr. J. Michael López - Professor of Communications
- Jay Lucas (IRB Community Member) - Senior Pastor of Grace Community Church (Washington Court House, OH)
- Dr. Dennis Sullivan (IRB Chair) - Professor of Biology and Director, Center for Bioethics
Non-voting members of Cedarville's Institutional Review Board include:
- Dr. Andrew A. Runyan (IRB Institutional Official) - Senior Associate Vice President, College of Extended Learning and Dean of Graduate Studies
- Jill Stringer - Administrative Assistant for the Institutional Review Board