Welcome to CedarNet! On our campus, guest computers are referred to as "Self-Provided Computers" (SPCs). SPCs share the University's high-speed Internet connection, but do not have permission to use the software we provide on our University-owned computers.
In order to successfully connect your SPC to Cedarville's network, two steps must be taken:
- Before you attempt a connection, please verify that you have updated your anti-virus software and your anti-spyware software. This will help prevent the risk of both getting and spreading a virus.
- You will connect using an Ethernet connection. Please verify your device is able to make a connection through one of these methods. (Modem dial-up connections do not work on campus.)
- Active data jacks are marked with a green dot. To use an Ethernet connection, plug into an active wall jack with a standard "Cat. 5" Ethernet cable. It is a little bigger than a phone cord. If you forgot yours or do not have one, the Cedarville University Bookstore in the Stevens Student Center (SSC) has them for a reasonable price.
You will need a username and password to register your computer and use it on Cedarville's network. This can be obtained from your main point of contact with the University.
- Once on campus, register your computer by opening your browser and going to an off-campus web page (i.e., www.google.com). This will re-direct your browser to the Self-Provided Computer (SPC) registration page.
- Follow the directions shown on the SPC registration page page, using the username and password you were given to register your SPC.
- Restart your computer when registration is complete.