« Back to Windows Step 1
- From the Start Menu screen, proceed to your Windows 8 Desktop by clicking on the Desktop Tile.
- Once you’re at the desktop, verify that the wireless is enabled. This is often controlled by a function key on your keyboard or a physical switch somewhere on the computer.
- If your wireless is enabled, click on network icon in the system tray near the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Right-click and select Network and Sharing Center from the menu that appears.
- A new window will appear. In the main panel near the center, click Set up a new connection or network.
- Another smaller window will pop up. Select Manually create a network profile, and then press next.
- Enter cu-secure in the Network name field.
- Select WPA2-Enterprise in the Security type drop-down list.
- Click the Next button.
- Click the Change connection settings
- Select the Security tab and click the Settings button in the middle-right of the dialog.
- Uncheck the Validate server certificate box.
- Click the Ok on any open windows, then click the Close button.
- Move your mouse to bottom right hand corner of the screen to activate the charms bar.
- In the charms bar on the right-hand side of the screen, click the Gear to access the settings charm, and then click on Network
- Click on the cu-secure in list of available networks.
- A dialogue box opens asking for CedarNet username and password
- Enter your CedarNet username and password in the window and click the Ok button.
- Test your internet connection by going to a webpage not affiliated with Cedarville
If you are have difficulties with your wireless connection, please feel free to contact the computer assistance center for further support.