SPC guide to installing Symantec anti-virus and anti-malware protection
Note: These instructions assume that McAfee is already installed on your computer and thus needs to be removed prior to installing the Symantec protection. If you have anti-virus protection other than McAfee it is recommended that you uninstall it prior to installing the Symantec protection.
Remove McAfee VirusScan Enterprise
- Click [Start]
- Click on the Control Panel
- Double-click on "Add or Remove Programs" ("Programs and Features" in Windows Vista).
- Navigate to "McAfee VirusScan Enterprise" and click the [Remove] button.
- Wait for the uninstaller to finish and then proceed with "Install Symantec Endpoint Protection" below.
Install Symantec Endpoint Protection
Note: You must have administrator privileges in order to install this software.
- Download and run the "Symantec Endpoint Protection Setup (for virus & malware protection)" installer for your operating system from the SPC software download page.
- Once the installer has completed, the Live Update client will run and update itself.
- When prompted to restart, save and close any applications and click [Restart Now].