SPC Support will not perform any work that may invalidate a current warranty on your computer. Please be aware of the terms of your warranty before you request support. You will likely be asked the status of the warranty on your computer before any support is provided. In addition, SPC Support cannot perform hardware replacements on a component that is not field replaceable. This includes, but is not limited to, motherboards, notebook LCD's, and notebook power supplies. You will be asked to show your current University student ID and sign a release form for any service that requires leaving the computer with Information Technology.
Current Price List
This is the current listing of services provide by SPC Support and the associated costs. Please note that these prices are subject to change without notice. See the Service Details section for a brief explanation of each service offered.
|Full Security Cleanup
|Hard Drive Optimization
|Full System Reload
|Hardware/Software Installation or Upgrade
||$20/hr (15-minute minimum)
*NOTE: Sales tax is charged on all our services.
- Security Setup - installation of wireless, virus scan set up and anything else necessary for a computer to come on campus for the first time.
- Full Security Cleanup - this process includes everything in the Security Setup as well as scanning for and removal of viruses and spyware.
- Diagnostics - software and hardware diagnosis using the latest professional tools licensed to Information Technology. This process will include some minor software repair. Hardware will be diagnosed but not repaired. Information Technology cannot stock replacement parts for SPC Support, nor can SPC replacement parts be purchased through the department. If you purchase a part and would like it installed, it can be done under the hourly rate listed below.
- Hard Drive Optimization - removal of temporary files and directories, running error-checking and defragmentation. This process can take several hours, so this service will require the system to be left with SPC Support.
- Full System Reload - this process will return your SPC as closely as possible to the original condition when received from the manufacturer. You must have your system restore CD available or have a system restore partition on your hard drive.
- Data Backup - We will backup any data you have on your hard drive. We don't charge if you have limited information on your hard drive. The charge will only be enforced with data backups that take over an hour. However, there is a charge to use our disks for the backup. You may provide your own disks.
- Hardware/Software Installation or Upgrade - this service will include installation of legally-licensed software provided by the SPC's owner. Additionally, we can install or upgrade certain hardware components purchased by the SPC's owner. All installation and upgrade service will be billed in 15-minute increments at a rate of $20 per hour.
We can only accept the following payment options:
- Check (make payable to Cedarville University)
- Charge to Student Account (Only if sufficient funds are available)