Good Leaders Are Intentional
October 24, 2012
John Maxwell often says if you boil leadership down to its most basic ingredient you have the word “influence.” Leadership is influencing others toward some desired outcome. As leaders we must be intentional in leading. A good leader leads with purpose and confidence. The following are a list of behaviors evidenced by an intentional leader.
Seven Marks of Intentional Leadership
- Good leaders are intentional.
- Good leaders are consistent.
- Good leaders are directive.
- Good leaders establish boundaries.
- Good leaders listen and learn.
- Good leaders make timely and significant decisions.
- Good leaders communicate with authenticity, honesty, and passion.