Timing is Everything
May 13, 2011
Effective leadership understands the concept that “timing is everything.” Discerning when to act is the difference between success and failure. Don’t overlook the importance of timing in developing and implementing a plan or strategy.
What are some timing principles a leader can use to ensure success?
- Do what is the most important first. Learn to practice working in priority order.
- Be proactive. Take time now to anticipate so you don’t have to prepare at the last minute.
- Take time for planning. Build into your schedule, time to think ahead and define the future.
- Be early for work and meetings. Set an example.
- Timing is everything. Learn to discern when to act.
- Don’t force a decision that doesn’t seem right. Take a time out and wait for the perfect moment.
- Do what you can today. Decisions made today will impact your organization for years to come.