Vision That Builds
May 31, 2011
Leadership means declaring a direction and giving a future hope. Successful leaders know that getting the team on the same page and headed in the right direction does build momentum and increases business.
What do you need to know about creating vision that energizes an organization?
- Start with looking beyond the day-to-day. Don’t get caught in the clutter and business of today, but truly seek to perceive what lies ahead.
- Define the future. Define the direction. State where the organization is going. Emphasize what is new and exciting.
- Develop a vision that is bold and courageous. Vision that is revolutionary can be energizing.
- Keep it simple and memorable. If it can’t be shared in a few words, no one will remember it. And if it is easy to remember, everyone in the organization will become an ambassador.
- Repeat it every time you have an opportunity. If it is to be lasting, you’ll have to work at keeping it on the minds and hearts of everyone in the organization.