The nationwide shortage of nurses also exists in the Air Force!
And exciting job opportunities await: nurse administrator, flight nurse, nurse-midwife, nurse anesthetist, clinical nurse, or operating room nurse.
A nursing scholarship program is operated on a noncompetitive basis. Those who meet the qualifications are awarded the scholarship and are not reviewed by a scholarship selection board. In many cases, these scholarships may be activated the same semester as the nomination. For more information go to http://afrotc.com/admissions/professional-programs/nursing.
- US citizen
- sophomore or junior majoring in Nursing
- pass the Air Force Officer Qualifying Test (AFOQT)
- pass the Air Force ROTC physical fitness test
- minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA
- complete a physical examination and be certified commission-qualified
- meet age, moral, and other scholarship eligibility requirements for Air Force ROTC