Cedarville University and Fifth Third Bank have teamed up to offer students the cedarville1card — one part debit card, one part student ID, all convenience.
This new card will allow you the same access to campus facilities, your meal plan, scanning into chapel, and more. In addition, you’ll also have access to funds from your Fifth Third Bank checking account.
- Convenience. With just one card, you can access campus facilities, use your meal plan, and make PIN-based debit card purchases. There’s no need to juggle multiple cards for multiple functions anymore.
- Safety. Since you need a PIN to make all of your debit card purchases, it’s safer than carrying cash.
- On-Site ATM. Fifth Third Bank ATMs are conveniently located on campus, so it’s easy to access your money when you need it.
- Apply for a Fifth Third Student Checking Account.
- Visit a Fifth Third Bank branch or attend an on-campus Fifth Third Bank event to have your cedarville1card connected to your student checking account.
- Now, use your cedarville1card at any ATM or to make PIN-based debit card purchases. The amount of that purchase is automatically debited from your checking account.
Fifth Third provides students a Fifth Third Essential Checking Account with no monthly service charge1. This simple and straightforward account provides all the checking features you need and the access you want to make banking easy.
- Monthly service charge waived for students (with a valid student ID)1
- Free Fifth Third Bank Gold Debit Card
- No minimum balance requirements
- Access to over 2,600 free Fifth Third ATMs
- Internet Banking and Online Bill Payment2
- Mobile Banking, Mobile Deposit and Fifth Third Instant Alerts℠ to your phone3
- Five free non-Fifth Third ATM transactions each calendar month4
- Savings accounts with monthly service charges waived5
Fees and Disclosures
- The student discount will expire December 31st the year the customer turns 23. If necessary, it can be extended for one year at a time upon verification of student status. Accounts opened by a minor (under age 18) require a parent or guardian to be a joint owner of the account. As a joint owner, the parent or guardian remains liable to Fifth Third for any deficit or overdrafts on the account, regardless of whether the minor or parent/guardian caused the deficit/overdraft. This includes but is not limited to transactions using debit cards, ATM cares, checks, telephone banking, Internet banking and teller withdrawals.
- Subject to Internet Banking terms and conditions.
- Mobile Internet data and text messaging charges may apply. Please contact your mobile service provider for details.
- Fifth Third will not assess a usage fee for up to FIVE (5) non-Fifth Third ATM transactions internationally or in the U.S. per calendar month. (Please note: Other ATM owners may still assess their usage fee. Fees for non-Fifth Third transactions in excess of 5 per statement are $2.00 per U.S. transaction and $5.00 per international transaction).
- All owners on the savings accounts must also be listed together as owners on the Fifth Third Essential Checking account.
A minimum of $50 is required to open any Fifth Third checking or savings account.
- Every new student will get a cedarville1card during Getting Started weekend as the official Cedarville University student ID.
- Continuing students can stop by the Fifth Third tables in BTS 104 and get one, too!
- Open a Fifth Third Student Checking account only at BTS 104, and a Fifth Third representative will connect your card to your checking account.
- Then, start using your cedarville1card for just about everything — Fifth Third ATM card, debit card and student ID card ... just one card for campus life and banking!
Need more information? Read the frequently asked questions about the cedarville1card.
Fifth Third Bank, Member FDIC.