Cedarville University Graduate Assistant Openings
University Graduate Assistant (UGA) functions both as students and as professionals, enhancing their education by playing an important dual role. While studying to meet academic requirements for advance degrees, UGA's also complement their formal studies through research, teaching, administrative, and/or service work under the supervision or tutelage of faculty or staff. UGA refers generally to all graduate students enrolled at the University who are employed by the University to assist a faculty or staff member in the areas of administration, research, or to serve in some instructional capacity. A department may award an assistantship to a student with regular or conditional admission to the Graduate School.
The following university expectations are required of all UGAs:
- Granted admission, either as a regular or conditional acceptance, into one of Cedarville University’s Graduate School programs;
- Clear evidence of a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a consistent Christian lifestyle;
- Affirmation of and willingness to abide by the Cedarville Covenant;
- Agreement with the eleven doctrinal position statements we use as our definition of substantial agreement.
The following are the benefits UGAs receive:
- Wage for services performed
- Graduate School Tuition Grants
The award of an assistantship of 0.50 FTE (1040 hours per year) or greater entitles the graduate assistant to 100% of graduate level tuition remission for all graduate level courses taken and successfully completed during the term of the assistantship. The award of an assistant of less than 0.50 FTE (less than 1040 hours per year) entitles the graduate assistant to 50% of graduate level tuition remission for the all graduate level courses taken and successfully completed during the term of the assistantship.
- Meal Plan Subsidy
The award of an assistantship entitles the UGA to a meal plan subsidy for meals taken in the university cafeteria based on specific guidelines for such established within the appointing department.
- Cedarville University Graduate Student Health Insurance
When a tuition grant is awarded, the assistantship also entitles the UGA single participation in the CU Graduate student health insurance plan. The premium for health insurance coverage will be paid by the University.
In order to apply for any UGA position, please complete the following steps:
- Download the University Graduate Assistant application, complete, and return to the hiring department specified in the position announcement.
- Along with the completed application, submit a written statement showing clear evidence of a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a consistent Christian lifestyle.
- Along with the completed application, submit a resume.
- All UGAs are required to successfully complete a pre-appointment background check. If you are being considered for a UGA position, you will be contacted by University Human Resources with additional instructions.
Current Open Gradaute Assistant Positions
Graduate Assistant for Women's Volleyball, Athletics
Cedarville University is seeking to hire a part-time, non-exempt Graduate Assistant for Women's Volleyball, within the Athletics Division. The Graduate Assistant will report directly to the Head Coach. The Graduate Assistant will be responsible in assisting the Head Coach with everyday activities and other areas that directly impact the Volleyball team.
- Assisting in day-to-day practices on and off the court
- Assist with game day duties and even management
- Assist with on and off campus recruiting
- Organize, direct, and help with sports camps
- Assisting with team fundraising
- A commitment to NCAA, Conference and University compliance
- Must keep current with regulations and as they apply to University Athletics
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Possess excellent organizational skills, show integrity and time management abilities
- Must have basic understanding of NCAA rules and regulations
- Desire to attain a master’s degree and gain experience toward future in coaching opportunities
This position is subject to the University's verification of credentials and other information required by law and Cedarville University policies, including the completion of a criminal history investigation. Those interested in this position should follow specific University Graduate Assistant guidelines found at http://www.cedarville.edu/cf/hr/graduate-assistant-positions.cfm.Applications should be directed to Coach Doug Walters (email@example.com), Head Women’s Volleyball Coach.
Posting last modified Tuesday 22-Mar-2016 9:14 AM
CEDARVILLE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER