ACT or SAT? Which is right for your student?
October 5, 2015
Like most universities, Cedarville accepts both ACT and SAT scores. So, how do you decide which is best for your student?
Princeton Review, a test preparation and college admission services company, provides seven key differences between the two exams that may help you decide:
- ACT questions tend to be more straightforward and easier to understand.
- The SAT has a stronger emphasis on vocabulary.
- The ACT has a Science section, while the SAT does not.
- The ACT tests more advanced math concepts.
- The ACT Writing Test is optional on test day, but required by many schools.
- The SAT is broken up into more sections.
- The ACT is more of a "big picture" exam.
For more explanation on these differences, see the entire Princeton Review article.
Contact our Admissions office if you have questions. We want to help you in any way we can!