Archive for the Admissions Category
January 12, 2015
We all know students who started their four-year college journey … six years ago. Whether they are struggling to pass classes, basking in the learning experience, or simply switching their major too many times, their college education can quickly acquire an even larger price tag when eight semesters turns into twelve.
One of the best ways a university can save you money is to help your student graduate on time. Consider the additional costs if students take five or more years to finish. Consider the cost if they never complete their educational goals!
Today's post discusses this critical issue and offers advice for checking graduation rates and comparing total costs.
P.S. There is still time to register for tonight's FAFSA webinar. The online presentation begins at 8 p.m. EST. Register now.
Why Christ Centered Higher Education?
December 22, 2014
Christmas break is a great time for students to sleep in, spend time with friends, and — most importantly — celebrate Christ's birth. But it's also a good opportunity to take care of important college-related details. Encourage your students to get a jump start on 2015 and move that much closer to their Cedarville career.
- Decision made? Submit the $250 reservation deposit during break! (Is your student's application incomplete? Check online for missing pieces, then request references or documents to be sent right away in the New Year.)
- Check out the FAFSA website. Required for all need-based aid, the FAFSA application for the 2015–16 school year will be available January 1. Apply early for maximum grants and scholarships.
- Register for our FREE "How to Complete the FAFSA" webinar, offered Monday, January 12, at 8 p.m. EST.
- Plan a campus visit. It's the best way to see if Cedarville University is the place for your student!
- Talk to a Cedarville student or alumnus who lives in your area. Need a referral? Send us an email and we'll help connect you.
- Learn more about the major your student is considering. We have more than 100 programs of study from which to choose.
- Join the CU fan club on Facebook! See who else is connected.
- Plan a prayer time with friends. College is a big decision. Ask God to give you wisdom, provide for your needs, and make His direction clear!
- Above all, celebrate our Savior's birth! He is the reason Cedarville exists and the focus of everything we seek to accomplish in the lives of students!
December 4, 2014
Does your student want to get a head start on earning college credit? Are you looking for ways to save money on the cost of college? Would your student benefit from getting a taste of what college life is like now? If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, encourage your student to consider taking online or on-campus courses from Cedarville University.
The evidence is mounting that high school students who take a college course are more likely to attend college, and at Cedarville, we've also seen high school students outperform their college student peers. They study with top professors, earn college credit, and get a taste of university academics ... before they ever step foot on campus as a freshmen student!
As part of Cedarville's high school course options, students will:
- Get a head start on college, potentially saving both time and money in completing their degree.
- Satisfy high school academic requirements at the same time (ask your student’s high school guidance counselor for details).
- Study with top Cedarville professors who will challenge them to think deeply and apply biblical principles to what they are learning.
- Gain confidence that they’ll excel at college-level academics.
Online courses are forming for spring semester, which begins in January. Courses are also offered in the summer (including our campus-based, two-week Summer Studies program) and the fall semester. Your student can choose from our most popular general education courses
and experience innovative technologies that are shaping the future of education. Local students may also choose to attend courses on campus.
Visit www.cedarville.edu/collegenow for more information!
As an added bonus for Ohio students, Cedarville is now participating in College Credit Plus (formerly known as PSEO). Through this program, Ohio high school students are able to enroll in Cedarville courses for FREE — including books!
December 1, 2014
Shop for your future Yellow Jacket on Cyber Monday!
As you head into the holiday season, be sure to check out the Cedarville Yellow Jacket Zone website: yellowjacketzone.com!
The site offers a large selection of Cedarville Yellow Jacket apparel, bags, jerseys, and much more! It's a great way to celebrate your future Yellow Jacket this Christmas season. Visit us online today!
P.S. It's not too late for your student to submit an application for admission! Call 1-800-CEDARVILLE (233-2784) if you have any questions!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10