December 15, 2014
At Cedarville University
, we take our mission statement very seriously: “Cedarville University is a Christ-centered learning community equipping students for lifelong leadership and service through an education marked by excellence and grounded in biblical truth.” Not only is there biblical integration in every course, but all students complete a Bible minor
as a part of their academic program
. Always among our students’ favorites, Bible classes prepare them to think about their vocation in light of God’s Word and to find their place in God’s mission.
The Bible minor at Cedarville is made up of five courses:
- Course One: Spiritual Formation challenges students to pursue a Spirit-led relationship with Christ through personal study of God’s Word. Students learn to read and interpret the Bible well, with a view toward their growth in Christian maturity.
- Courses Two and Three: Old Testament Literature and New Testament Literature reinforce the Bible-reading skills developed in Spiritual Formation by setting the trajectory for a lifetime of reading the text. Students learn how the chapters, books, and sections of the Bible fit together to tell the story of the Gospel.
- Courses Four and Five: Theology 1 and 2 help form a biblical-theological foundation for a lifetime pursuit of ministry within the church and within the student’s vocation. Students systematize their biblical knowledge by carefully thinking through what the Bible teaches and how Christian theologians of the past have answered these questions.
So why is a Bible minor an important addition to students' Christ-centered education? These classes challenge their thinking by exalting Christ through the careful reading of God’s Word. More importantly, they will transform students' lives as they boldly live out God's call.
Why Christ Centered Higher Education?
December 10, 2014
As you prepare to celebrate Christmas with family and friends, we invite you to enjoy a short Christmas music video that highlights Cedarville University students boldly proclaiming HIS story.
Merry Christmas from Cedarville University
Why Christ Centered Higher Education?
December 9, 2014
For the past three years, Cedarville University has presented a FREE, online webinar monthly during the academic year. The webinar topics included finding financial aid resources, making the most of a campus visit, understanding tax benefits for education, choosing the right college, and navigating the college application process.
Our goal is to link you with information that will be helpful for your college searching questions, while also giving you insight into the Cedarville experience. The Associate Vice President of Admissions, Executive Director of Financial Aid, and Associate Director of Admissions are just a few of the speakers who have shared their knowledge and expertise through these webinar sessions.
Our gift to you this Christmas is access to our webinar archive! In case you have missed a webinar or simply want to re-listen to one, you have access to all of the 2012–2014 webinars. Enjoy utilizing these resources, and stay tuned for the newest webinar coming to you in January — “How to Complete Your FAFSA.”
P.S. As an added gift this Christmas season for students who apply in December, we will waive the $30 application fee and send them our new BE BOLD T-shirt! Are you interested in any of Cedarville's graduate and adult programs? We'll also waive the application fee for those programs in December!
December 4, 2014
Does your student want to get a head start on earning college credit? Are you looking for ways to save money on the cost of college? Would your student benefit from getting a taste of what college life is like now? If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, encourage your student to consider taking online or on-campus courses from Cedarville University.
The evidence is mounting that high school students who take a college course are more likely to attend college, and at Cedarville, we've also seen high school students outperform their college student peers. They study with top professors, earn college credit, and get a taste of university academics ... before they ever step foot on campus as a freshmen student!
As part of Cedarville's high school course options, students will:
- Get a head start on college, potentially saving both time and money in completing their degree.
- Satisfy high school academic requirements at the same time (ask your student’s high school guidance counselor for details).
- Study with top Cedarville professors who will challenge them to think deeply and apply biblical principles to what they are learning.
- Gain confidence that they’ll excel at college-level academics.
Online courses are forming for spring semester, which begins in January. Courses are also offered in the summer (including our campus-based, two-week Summer Studies program) and the fall semester. Your student can choose from our most popular general education courses
and experience innovative technologies that are shaping the future of education. Local students may also choose to attend courses on campus.
Visit www.cedarville.edu/collegenow for more information!
As an added bonus for Ohio students, Cedarville is now participating in College Credit Plus (formerly known as PSEO). Through this program, Ohio high school students are able to enroll in Cedarville courses for FREE — including books!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10