Cedarville Scholar Awards - 2012–13 - Scholarships - Financial Aid - Cedarville University
Cedarville Scholar Awards
Note: This information is valid for new students entering Cedarville in 2012–13.
The Cedarville Scholar Award is a competitive scholarship program. Nine finalists are selected and will receive an award valued at 75% of their tuition!
Limited to new freshmen entering in the fall term, eligible applicants will be evaluated by the scholarship review committee. This committee will evaluate each student's application as well as the scholar recommendation submitted specifically for the Cedarville Scholar Award.
Evaluation will include the following:
- Academic Performance (ACT/SAT & high school GPA)
- Scholar Recommendation & Leadership Activities
- Student Essays & College Activities/Goals
- Awards & Recognitions
- Potential leadership value to Cedarville University and beyond
To apply the applicant must meet the following criteria:
Application and Recommendation Deadline: January 15
Complete the online Cedarville Scholar application
- As part of your application, provide an accurate email address for the person who will complete your scholar recommendation
- Once you submit your application, the person identified will receive an email providing a link for completing the online scholar recommendation
- Ensure that your scholar recommendation has been submitted
- Both your application and the scholar recommendation must be received by January 15
Prior to January 15:
- Apply and be accepted for admission to Cedarville University
- Complete and submit your online Cedarville Scholar application
- Make sure that your Scholar Recommendation is completed and submitted
- January 15: Deadline for receipt of all Cedarville Scholar Award application documents
- Last week of January: Semifinalists notified of selection and interview weekend; those not selected as semi-finalists are also notified
- February 24-25: CU Scholars Semifinalist Interview Weekend
- February 28: CU Scholar Award Finalists notified of selection
75% of tuition (awarded to nine finalists each year)
- Full-time enrollment required (minimum 12 credit hours per semester at Cedarville)
- Limited to eight semesters of undergraduate study
- May not be combined with the National Scholar or Academic Excellence Awards
- May be combined with other grants and scholarships
Yes, this scholarship is renewable as long as the student maintains a Cedarville Cum GPA of 3.5 or higher. Renewal check is done each year after spring semester grades are posted.