American Chemical Society Scholars Program
- The student must be African American, Hispanic-Latino, or American Indian.
- The student must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.
- The student must be a full-time student at an accredited college, university, or community college.
- The student must be a high achiever in chemistry or science- GPA 3.0 or better.
- The student must be able to demonstrate evidence of financial need according to FAFSA form.
- The student must be a high school senior, college freshman, sophomore or junior intending to or already majoring in chemistry, biochemistry, chemical engineering or a chemically-related science and planning a career in the chemical sciences or chemical technology.
Awards are for up to $2,500 for freshmen and up to $3,000 for sophomores, juniors and seniors per academic year.
The deadline for submitting applications is February 15 of each year.
The application forms can be found at www.chemistry.org/scholars.
Information can be obtained by calling 1-800-227-5558 ext.. 6250
Applications are also available in the Financial Aid Office.