Cedarville Access Grants - New Freshmen
Note: This information is valid for new freshmen students entering Cedarville in 2013–14.
Awarded to students with demonstrated 'Financial Need.'
|Total Basic Costs (tuition, room, and board)|
|- Expected Family Contribution (EFC)|
|- Scholarships and Grants|
|= Financial Need|
Complete the FAFSA for the 2013-14 year (available online on or after January 1, 2013).
Is Need Based?
Up to $2,000 or $4,000 per year (see below)
- Full-time enrollment required (minimum 12 credit hours per semester at Cedarville)
- Eligibility expires after eight semesters of attendance
- Limited to fall and spring semesters only
- This award may be combined with other scholarships and grants
Award amount is determined by the following awarding grid and each student's need-assessment:
|$12,000||Up to $2,000||$4,000||Up to $18,000|
|$9,000||Up to $2,000||$4,000||Up to $15,000|
|$7,000||Up to $2,000||$4,000||Up to $13,000|
|$4,000||Up to $2,000||$4,000||Up to $10,000|
|n/a||Up to $4,000||$4,000||Up to $8,000|
Notes: Scholarship decisions are based on GPA and test scores received by Cedarville by April 15.
GPA: Unweighted HS GPA (using 4.0 scale)
Test Scores: Best one-day test score
ACT: Composite score for a single test date
SAT: Math + Critical Reading scores for a single test date
Yes, the Cedarville Access Grant renews as long as the student maintains a Cedarville Cum GPA of 2.0 or higher and demonstrates 'Financial Need' for each academic year.
- Annual review is performed at the end of the spring semester.
- The FAFSA must be completed each academic year as a basis for determining 'Financial Need.'