U.S. Department of Justice Police Corps Scholarship - Scholarships - Financial Aid - Cedarville University
U.S. Department of Justice Police Corps Scholarship
- A student must be enrolled full-time in a four year college pursuing a bachelors degree in ANY MAJOR.
- A student in school in one state may apply to join the Police Corps and serve four years as a Police officer in another state.
- The Police Corps provides scholarships on a competitive basis to students who agree to earn their bachelor's degrees, complete approved Police Corps training, and then serve for four years on patrol, as assigned with law enforcement agencies in areas of great need. Undergraduates must attend college full time and may receive up to $7,500 per academic year.
- The Police Corps provides funds to states to develop and provide 16-24 weeks of rigorous residential Police Corps training.
- The Federal government provides local and state agencies that hire Police Corps officers $10,000 a year for each of an officer's first four years of service.
Interested students may obtain contact names and phone numbers for participating states by: clicking on the dark colored (active) states map at the bottom of www.ojp.usdoj.gov/opclee or by calling the U. S. Department of Justice Response Center at 1-800-421-6770.