Address Books: Edit GroupWise Group Members
How can I do this in...Google, Outlook
To learn about the differences between e-mail groups and address books, see the GroupWise: Address Books - Create an Email Group from an Existing Address Book help page. If you would like information on how to create a group based on an existing Excel spreadsheet, please see the GroupWise: Address Books - Create a Mail Group from an Excel File help page.
Add a Member to an Existing Group
Method One - Select Group Members
- Click [Address Book] on the left end of the toolbar. All of your address books will display on the left-hand-side.
- Double-click the address book that contains the group you wish to modify (probably the one with your name on it).
- All of the groups associated with that address book will display underneath the address book name.
- Right-click the group you want to modify > Select "Details."
- Click the "Details" tab > Click the [Add...] button.
- Find someone to add to the group by typing their last name in the "Look for:" box.
- Double-click the selected person. Their name will be moved to the "Selected:" box.
- Repeat step 6 until all group members have been added.
- Click [OK] > Click [Save].
Your email group should display with all of the group members listed. The new group members may not display in the group until you open a different address book and return to the group.
Method Two - Drag and Drop
- Click "Novell GroupWise Address Book" or "Frequent Contacts" in the address book list.
- Find the name you wish to add to your group and drag it to your new group.
- Repeat for all members of your group.
Delete a Member from an Existing Group
- Right-click the group > Click "Details."
- Click the name of the contact you wish to remove > Click [Remove].
- Click [Save].
The new group members may not display in the group until you open a different address book and return to the group.
- Click [Address Book].
- Double-click the address book that contains the group you wish to modify.
- Click the group you wish to modify.
- Right-click the name you wish to delete > Select "Delete" > Click [Yes].
- Close the address book window.
To learn more about using and maintaining address books, see the GroupWise Address Books Computer Help Page.
Keywords: email, group wise, address books, groups, lists, edit group members