Address Books: Share a Groupwise Address Book
How can I do this in...Google, Outlook
Share an Address book:
- Right-click the new address book > Choose "Sharing..."
- Click the radio button for "Shared with"
- In the "Name:" box, type the last name of the person with whom you wish to share the address book.
- Click [Add User].
- Click to select the name in the list > Choose "read only" or "all."
- Click [Apply] > Edit the notification message if you would like > Click [OK].
Converting a Group to an Address Book:
It is only possible to share an address book, not a group. If you convert the group to an address book, then you can share the address book with someone else and they can create a group from the address book you shared.
- Open GroupWise > Click the "Address Book" icon in your toolbar.
- In the address book window, click "File" > "New Book...."
- Type the name of the book in the box > Click [OK]. The empty book will now display in your list of address books.
- Open the group you want to share (The group is probably within the address book with your name on it. It could also be under Frequent Contacts).
- To select some or all of the members of the group, select one person, hold down the [Shift] key, and use the arrow buttons.
- Use your mouse to drag and drop the names into the address book you just created.
View the GroupWise: Address Books - Create/Delete Email Groups help page.
To learn more about using and maintaining address books, see the GroupWise Address Books Computer Help Page.
Keywords: share contacts, addresses, address book, e-mail addresses, proxy, proxy access