CU: Convert Class Rosters to Google Contact Groups
This tech help page explains how to import a class roster to your Google Contacts.
Please use Google Chrome as your browser for each step in this process. If you use another browser (for example, Google Chrome or Firefox), the process may not work.
- Navigate to the Faculty/Staff homepage > Log in to CedarInfo.
- Select "Get a class roster" under "Curricular Transactions."
- Enter the relevant term and subject information to identify your class.
- Click the radio button to select “Files on my H: drive” > Check the box next to “Comma-separated-values format for email contact lists.”
- Click [Submit].
- Note the file name and that your .csv file has been saved to your H:\DOCS.
- Log in to your Google Mail account (cedarville.edu/google).
- Click on the "Apps" icon (square made of nine small squares) in the top right corner of the interface > Click the “Contacts” tab.
- Click “Import Contacts…” (located in the sidebar).
- Click [Choose File]. Navigate to your .csv file and double-click it to open it.
- Click [Import]. The new contact group will be named "Imported" with today’s date by default. Follow the steps below to give the group a more descriptive name.
- Click the group name in the sidebar to select and open it.
- Click the [More] drop-down (located above the list) and choose "Rename group" from the resulting list.
- In the "Rename group" window that opens, enter the new name and then click [OK].
It does not matter if the student's emails have ga in them. Either firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com will work.
Keywords: roster, contact, group, import, address book, google