CU: Information Technology Request (ITR)
Submit an Information Technology Request
If you are experiencing difficulties with your University network account, hardware, network connection, or any other computer-related issue, the fastest way to receive service is to submit an online service request.
- Use a web browser to access the online information technology request form. (Also available by clicking on the "Services" tab from the FacStaff or Student home pages.)
- Log in with your username and password.
- Click on the appropriate radio button to indicate if the issue is with a University-owned computer, personal device, or your CedarNet account.
- Click [Continue].
- Verify that the Building Name, Room Number, and Department Name fields are displaying correctly or enter the correct information.
- Click the arrow next to "Device Type" and choose the appropriate response.
Click in the area labeled "Description of the Problem:" and explain - with as much detail as possible - what is happening. Please include:
- The text of any error messages you have received
- When the problem began and how often it occurs
- Any programs you recently installed or other recent changes made to your system
- Click [Submit Problem]
- A confirmation of your problem submission will be emailed to you, along with a link which you can use to track the progress of your service request.
Check the Status of an Information Technology Request
To check the status of your service request, return to the information technology request page and click "View My Information Technology Requests" located in the left column of navigation links.
You will be able to check the status of your request and review any actions assocated with the request from this link.
If the nature of your computer issue prevents you from submitting a service request, please use a different University computer to submit the request or call information technology at 937-766-7905. We are happy to help!
Keywords: help, support, issue, problem, broken, fix, repair, hardware, monitor, computer, system, printer, mobile device, keyboard, mouse, connect, connection, account, log in, login, e-mail, getting started, emailEmail this to a Friend