CU: Information Technology Request (ITR)
If you are experiencing difficulties with your University network account, hardware, network connection, or any other computer-related issue, please submit an information technology request (ITR) so that our staff can assist you as soon as possible.
- Use a web browser to access the online information technology request form. (Also available by clicking on the "Services" tab from the FacStaff or Student home pages.)
- Log in with your username and password.
- Click on the appropriate radio button to indicate if the issue is with a University-owned computer, personal device, your CedarNet account, or a failed print job.
- Click [Continue].
- On the page that appeared, some of the information will have autofilled > Verify that this information is correct.
Enter any information that is requested but that didn't autofill. In the "Description..." field, please explain the issue, providing as many details as possible:
- The text of any error messages you have received
- When the problem began and how often it occurs
- Any programs you recently installed or other recent changes made to your system
- When you are finished, click [Submit Problem].
- A confirmation of your request submission will be emailed to you, along with a link which you can use to track the progress of your request.
To check the status of your service request, return to the information technology request page and click "View My Information Technology Requests" located in the left column of navigation links.
You will be able to check the status of your request and view any actions associated with the request from this link.
If the nature of your computer issue prevents you from submitting an IT request, please use a different University computer to submit the request or call information technology at 937-766-7905. We are happy to help!
Keywords: help, support, issue, problem, broken, fix, repair, hardware, monitor, computer, system, printer, mobile device, keyboard, mouse, connect, connection, account, log in, login, e-mail, getting started, email, online service request, computer service request, computer task request, IT service request, computer help, need help, broken computer, error message