Change or Reset Your Password
CedarNet users (faculty, staff, and students) can use the same universal password to access CedarNet, CedarInfo, Google Apps, Moodle, and Atomic Learning.
For tips on creating a strong password, refer to Create a Strong Password.
- Log in to a University computer.
- Click [Start] > Select "All Programs."
- Choose "_Cedarnet" > "Network Utilities" > "Change Password."
- Enter your current password once and your new password twice.
- Click [Change].
- Go to the Cedarville University homepage (cedarville.edu/student or cedarville.edu/facstaff).
- Click on [CedarInfo].
- Log in with your CedarNet username and password > Click [Authenticate].
- Locate the Individual (General) Transactions section.
- Click Change Your CedarNet password.
- Enter your new password 2 times.
- Click [Process Change]. You should receive a message that your password has been successfully changed.
- Click the [End Session] link at the bottom of the screen.
If you forgot your password, you can reset it through the following methods.
Answer Your CedarInfo “Hint Challenge”
You may use this option only if you have already set up a hint challenge through the CedarInfo "Change your CedarInfo hint" link.
- Navigate to the FacStaff or Student Homepage > Click the [CedarInfo] button.
- Click the "answering your hint challenge" link > Type in your username > Click [Show Question].
- Type in the answer to your "hint" question > Click [Check Answer].
- A new password will display.
- If you answer incorrectly or have never set up a hint challenge, an error message will display. Proceed to the second option.
Call information technology
- If you are off campus, call information technology at 937-766-7905. If you are calling from an on campus phone, dial extension 7905.
- Information technology will reset your password.
- Log in to CedarInfo with your new password and follow the steps above to change your password.
Keywords: can't log in, can't login, password problems, forgot password, pass word, user name, account access, locked out, lockout, forget, forgot, pass word, username, user name, credentials, login, log in, Novell, reset password, getting startedPrintable Instructions