Create GroupWise Email Templates
How can I do this in...Google, Outlook
Suppose you have an email that you send out on a regular basis, but only certain parts of the email change, such as the date sent or recipients. You can create a template in GroupWise to save this email so that you can use it over and over again.
For example, I send out a reminder email to students 2 days before my computer classes. The text is identical each time, except for the course name, date, time, and possibly the room number. I have saved this document as a template so that I don't have to retype it once or twice a week when it is time to send a reminder.
Does this sound like something you could use? Here's how to do it:
Create an email template
- Open and create your email (but don't send it!).
- Within the email, select "File" > "Save View..."
- Navigate to your desktop from the drop-down menu. (We recommend that you save your templates here.)
- Give the template a name and use the extension ".vew" (for example: StudentLetter.vew).
- Click [Save] > Exit the email without sending it. (You do not need to save the changes in a GroupWise folder if you have saved it to your desktop.)
- If your template does not automatically display on the desktop, right-click your desktop and choose "Refresh." You should now see your template on the desktop.
Use the template
- Double-click the template to open it.
- Fill in any additional information and make any necessary changes.
- Enter your recipients' email addresses > Click [Send].
- Close the template.
The template will stay on your desktop for the next time you need to use it.
Keywords: re-use, reuse, save, same, form, reusable