Create and Sort Groupwise Folders and Subfolders
Here are some tips on creating folders in your GroupWise Cabinet to store emails by category.
Create a new GroupWise Folder
In GroupWise 8:
- Right-click on the cabinet (located on the left hand side window that contains your Mailbox, Sent Items, etc.) > Choose "New Folder" > Name the folder.
- You may drag-and-drop the folder to nest it inside another folder.
- You can drag and drop e-mail into the folder or set up an email rule automatically.
Perhaps your priorities have changed since you first created one or more of those folders. Or maybe, you now have many, many folders and some Spring cleaning is in order! Here are a couple of suggestions. (These options will also work if you want to rearrange the order of the icons in your Main folder list as well - lsuch as mailbox, sent items, and trash)
Option 1: Alphabetical
- Right-click on a folder.
- Choose "Sort Subfolders." This will place all of your folders in ascending alphabetical order.
Option 2: Manual organization
If you prefer to put them in an order other than alphabetical, follow this process:
- Right-click on a folder and continue to hold down the right mouse.
- Drag the folder to a new position in the list.
- Release the right mouse button.
- In GroupWise 8, you may choose to "Move Into," "Move Below," or "Move Above."
You may also want to sort emails in GroupWise folders.
keywords: organize, categorize, email, e-mail, groupwise, save, remember, getting startedAtomic Learning Video