Excel: Create Sparklines
In Excel 2010 and 2013, you can create what are called sparklines. Sparklines are small versions of a graph that appear directly in the spreadsheet. You can create line, column, or win/loss sparklines. The following instructions are for Excel 2013 (the 2010 version follows a similar pattern).
- Use your mouse to highlight the data for the sparklines.
- Click the "Insert" tab > Find the "Sparklines" section of the ribbon.
- Choose the type of graph you want (e.g., line, column, win/loss).
- Select the area you want the sparklines to display > Click [OK].
- With the sparklines selected in the spreadsheet, click the "Design" tab from the top menu bar. From here, you can select to show negative points, the high point, the last point, etc. by checking the appropriate box in the "Show" section of the ribbon.
This function is not available in Excel 2007 or earlier versions. If you would like to install Excel 2013 on a University Computer, see the following help page: Microsoft Office 2013: Upgrade a University Computer.
Keywords: graph, mini graph, small graph, embeded graph, sparklines.Email this to a Friend