Excel: Display Current Date and Time in Spreadsheet
You may find it appropriate to insert the current date in an Excel file and have it continually update so that it always displays the current date.
In Excel 2007 and 2010:
- Click the "Insert" tab > Click [Header & Footer] in the "Text" group.
- Under the "Design" contextual tab, click [Current Date] or [Current Time] in the "Header & Footer Elements" group.
- Click outside the header or footer to display.
In Excel 2003:
- Select the cell where you wish to place the date.
- Go to "Insert" > "Function."
- Choose "Date & Time" from the "Select a category" dropdown list.
- Under "Select a function," scroll and select "TODAY."
- Click [OK]. A "Function Arguments" dialog box will open; however, no arguments are needed for this function.
- Click [OK].
- Today's date will display.
The date or time will automatically update each time you open the document.
Keywords: Office 2010