Google Calendar: Import CU Calendar
Google Calendar allows you to import existing calendars available elsewhere into your Google Calendar. One such calendar is the CU Calendar, which has events for everything happening at Cedarville. Before you import this calendar by following the instructions below, please read the following warning.
Before you begin this process, you may want to create a new calendar in your Google Calendar in which to place all the events from the CU Calendar. If you simply add all the CU Calendar events to your default calendar (the one titled your name), you will not be able to hide only the CU Calendar events to view only your personal events. Since there are so many CU Calendar events, including some that may not be relevant to you, it may be inconvenient to have your personal events and the CU Calendar events on the same calendar. To create a new calendar, please see Google Calendar: Create New Calendars.
- Open Google Chrome.
- Navigate to the Cedarville Events calendar page.
- Click the orange [Download Calendar] button. The download bar will open at the bottom of Chrome with the file “cucalendar.ics” downloaded.
- Drag the "cucalendar.ics" file to your desktop.
- From the Cedarville Google Apps webpage, click "Calendar" and log in.
- Click the gear-shaped icon in the top right of the browser. A drop-down menu opens.
- From the drop-down menu, click “Settings.”
- From the options under “Calendar Settings,” click the “Calendars” tab.
- Next to [Create new calendar], click “Import calendar.” The Import Calendar window opens.
- Click [Choose File]. Select the “cucalendar.ics” file and click [Open].
- From the “Calendar” drop-down menu, select the calendar you want the events from the CU Calendar to be added to.
- Click [Import]. The CU Calendar is now imported.
After importing the CU Calendar into a calendar in Google Calendar, you can specify whether you want to view events from that calendar on your main Google Calendar. For more information, please see Google Calendar: View Calendars.
Please note that when you download the CU Calendar, this is a static download. For changes to the CU Calendar to update automatically in your Google Calendar, you may want to subscribe to the calendar instead of downloading and importing it.
Keywords: Cedarville calendar, Google Calendar, calendar, import calendar, Cedarville calendar in Google, import Cedarville calendar, import CU calendar, CU CalendarEmail this to a Friend